5 Tips For A Successful Lunchtime Workout


Do you struggle for time to workout? If you are a busy mom struggling to find some time to workout, using your lunch hour to workout might be a great strategy for you! It works well for me since I still have enough energy during that time of day. By the time I get home, feed my family, make lunches and clean up the kitchen etc.., I really don’t feel very energetic and working out falls lower on my list of things to do.

Here are 5 tips for a successful lunchtime workout.

HOW TO FUEL YOURSELF
Janice from Salads4lunch.com suggests having a small snack such as an apple or a banana 30 minutes before your workout so that you have the energy to put a solid effort into your workout. I usually eat half my lunch (i.e. usually a sandwich or cheese and crackers) 30 minutes to 1 hour before my lunchtime workout, then I eat the rest of my lunch (usually veggies and a sugary treat like cookies) after my workout!

WHAT TO PACK
Pack your gym bag on Sunday evening with 2 or 3 workout outfits. Leave your bag in your car (you can take out your smelly, sweaty items in at the end of they day). This way, you can’t use the excuse that you forgot to bring your gym bag, or running shoes or what ever else would convince yours not to workout . I also have a cosmetic bag that stays in my gym bag all the time. It contains shower gel, deodorant, hair ties, moisturizer and makeup for touch-up. Don’t forget a towel!

IF YOU CAN’T SHOWER?
Here are some tips from my sister Julie and her lunchtime workout buddies. If you don’t have access to a shower, pack a towel and facecloth so you can wipe yourself off. Baby wipes will work well too! I like to use Lush’s Greeench Deodorant Powder after my workout. It’s not only good for your armpits, it’s helps to keep foot odours down too! If you have the room, pack a small hairdryer so you can dry your sweaty roots quickly.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
You don’t have a lot of time to workout during a lunch hour once you figure in time to change into and out of your workout gear and even less if you have to drive to a different location to workout. I suggest you make those 30 or 40 minutes count by doing some high intensity workouts. If you are running, intervals training is a great way to pack a punch in a shorter amount of time!

BE FLEXIBLE & CREATIVE
If you don’t have access to a gym close to work, hit the pavement and go for a run or a walk. If it’s raining or too cold to go outside, do stairs instead. Some days you plan on working out but a meeting goes on longer then expected. Just reschedule it for the following day! Being flexible is key!

I enjoy my lunchtime workouts. I feel so energized when I come back after my “lunch”. I also don’t suffer from the 3 O’clock ZZZZs anymore! The other bonus is that it frees my evening to do other important things, like blogging (or laundry if I really have to)! If you workout at lunch and have a tip to share, I’d like to hear from you! Leave me a comment!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Strongest Drink That Burns Tummy Fat Immediately!!! My Neighbor Lost 15 Pounds in 5 Days with This Recipe

Remove Dark Spots and Acne Scars From Face

Remove All The FAT And PARASITES From Your Body With Only 2 Ingredients!